Saturday, March 25, 2006

New Bedford Whaling National Historical Park

Take a day off from my study and hit south to this historical place, which is one hour driving from Boston.

Parked my car after I saw the building, which I thought should be visitor center. Actually it is city hall and a man asked me if I need help when I was walking away. After heard I was looking for victor center, he directed me the building and invited me to go inside the city hall, and told me that he is the mayor, Scott W. Lang, a lawyer as well.

It is such a pleasure to talk with him while he introduced me the city hall, including his office and the oldest elevator in the United States. And I was pretty shy when his fellows gave me an interview about my travelling experience in the US, I am not good to dealing this kind of stuff and I had the same experience when I was in Koeln, a reporter interviewed me about how did I think about their Prime Minister Schoder.

I was totally released after I left the city hall. The visitor center is quite small and of course I stamp on my national park passport. The grandma lady is very nice and told me all the detail about the places I should go.

Anyway, it's such a nice trip. unfortunately it is cloudy which is not the best time for shooting landscape, but I had a very good time.

Click image to see more photos.



Next week, Cape Cod to go.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laudanum Themerin said...

Wow, That was a great trip!! And tell me, how many years has the oldest elevator in USA? Thats very interesting!
Keep on Blogging!

See you online!

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home